Frontier Neurosurgery, PLLC
Dave S. Atteberry, MD, MSc
- Undergraduate: University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
- Master of Science: Clinical Research, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA
- Medical: University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA
- General Surgery Internship: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- Neurosurgery Residency: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery Fellowship: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons (Diplomat)
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons (Diplomat)
- American College of Surgeons (Resident Member)
- American Medical Association (Member)
- Pennsylvania Medical Society (Member)
- North American Spine Society (Member)
- AO Spine North America
- Washington State Medical Association
- Yakima County Medical Society
- Washington State Association of Neurological Surgeons (Secretary-Treasurer)
- Society of Lateral Access Surgery (Member)
Awards & Appointments
- Vice President of Medical Staff at Yakima Regional Medical and Cardiac Center
- Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor, Pacific Northwest University of Health Science
- Stuart Rowe Neurosurgical Research Award, 2006
- Szeifert Gyorgy T, Atteberry Dave S, Kondziolka Douglas, Levivier Marc, Lunsford L Dade. Cerebral Metastases Pathology after Radiosurgery: A Multicenter Study. Cancer 2006; 106: 2672-81.
- Jankowitz BT, Atteberry DS, Gerszten PC, Karausky P, Cheng BC, Faught R, Welch WC, Effect of Fibrin Glue on the Prevention of Persistent Cerebral Spinal Fluid Leakage after Incidental Durotomy During Lumbar Spinal Surgery. Eur Spine J. 2009 Aug; 18(8): 1169-74. Epub 2009 Mar 13.
- Gardner PA, Engh J, Atteberry D, Moossy JJ, Hemorrhage Rates after External Ventricular Drain Placement. J Neurosurg. 2009 May; 110 (5):1021-5.
- Szeifert GT, Kondziolka D, Atteberry DS, Salmon I, Rorive S, Levivier M, Lunsford LD, Radiosurgical Pathology of Brain Tumors: Metastases, Schwannomas, Meningiomas, Astrocytomas, Hemangioblastomas. Prog Neurol Surg. 2007;20:91-105.
- Haley ML, Gerszten PC, Heron DE, Chang YF, Atteberry DS, Burton SA, Efficacy and Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of External Beam and Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy in the Treatment of Spine Metastases: A Matched-Pair Analysis. J Neurosurg Spine. 2011 Apr; 12(4):537-42. Epub 2011 Feb 11.
- Atteberry DS, Histopathologic Changes In Metastatic Spine Tumors Seen After Cyberknife Radiosurgery. Radiosurgical Pathology. GT Szeifert, Editor 2005 Karger Scientific Pub. New York, NY.
- Kondziolka DS, Atteberry DS, Lunsford LD: Gamma Knife Radiosurgery for Meningiomas, Schwannomas, and Pituitary Tumors. LINAC and Gamma Knife Radiosurgery. Isabelle M. Germano, Editor. Series: Neurosurgical Topics 2000. AANS Publications Committee, Chicago, IL.
Request an Appointment (509) 573-3530
Dave S. Atteberry, MD, MSc
Dr. Atteberry specializes in the treatment of a variety of spinal conditions and performs several procedures including:
- Brain Tumor Surgery
- XLIF® Procedure
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Cervical Disc Surgery
- Lumbar Disc Surgery
- Minimally Invasive
- Scoliosis Correction
(Adult and Juvenile)